Bioinformatics analysis for High-Throughput Sequencing data
Education and dissemination
Next Generation Sequencing projects raise specific issues regarding bioinformatic analyses, and therefore require dedicated and still relatively new procedures.
The NGS platform team participates actively in education and dissemination of information about NGS bioinformatics.
The aim is to present synthetically the analysis procedures, their scope, limitations, but also their pitfalls, and to increase awareness on how these influence the interpretation of results.
- Galaxy for Biologists (analysis of NGS data), CNRS route de Mende, Montpellier, France, May 29 2012 (12:00 - 13:30)
- Galaxy for Developers (installation, cluster support, and tool development), CNRS route de Mende, Montpellier, France, May 29 2012 (14:00 - 15:30)
The ATGC platform and its members are involved in setting up conferences and similar events about NGS bioinformatics that vary in scope, audience and scientific context.
A list of past events include
- CNRS "Paleogenomics" summer school, Corsica, France, October 2011
- Bioinformatics and High Throughput Sequencing Conference in Paris, March 2011
- Course in Master at Montpellier SupAgro (national school in Agronomics), February 2010
- Keynote Speaker at LIX Bioinformatics Symposium in November 2010
- Speeches at the Human Genome Meeting in Montpellier in May 2010
- Bioinformatics and High Throughput Sequencing Conference in Paris, March 2010
- High Throughput Transcriptomics by Sequencing Day (in French: Transcriptomique : entrez dans l'ère du séquençage haut-débit) in Toulouse in November 2009, co-organised by the Cancéropôle Grand Sud-Ouest.
- Invited speech at the Colloquium of GDR de Bioinformatique Moléculaire November 2009
- Invited speech at Workshop about NGS and biodiversity in Montpellier, May 2009
- Invited speech at Workshop about NGS bioinformatics organised by INRIA and Genopole Ouest in Rennes, April 2009
- Presentations or posters at the Cancéropôle Grand Sud-Ouest colloquium in 2008, 2009, and 2010